LXmini was designed to render sound recordings with clarity, neutrality and with detailed, 3D-like imaging, when properly set up. The speakers will reveal what is in a recording, but never add unpleasantness. You will get lost in the music and have a big smile on your face, guaranteed!
The LXmini is a 2-way loudspeaker. The speakers frequency range extends from 45 Hz to 20 kHz. The horizontal and vertical off-axis frequency response, which is heard via the room, is spectrally neutral. Thus, listening off-axis merely changes the viewing angle to the phantom acoustic scene rendered by the seemingly absent loudspeakers.
LXminis are available as turn-key systems.
We also offer DIY kits, that differ from the original LX-mini construction plans in some details.
- hidden cabling
- 1-click Neutrik speakON® connectors eliminate cabling errors
- HDF (dark anthracite color) i.s.o. MDF. HDF is more dense, harder and heavier than MDF. Avoids fringing of edges.
- Precision CNC-mitered HDF baseplates allow main tube mounting without end-caps
- upper tube mounting without visible screws
- Mounting of fullrange driver without screws / holes
The DIY-kit contains
- 4 original SEAS drivers
- CNCed HDF parts in (high density wooden material, without the downsides of MDF like soaking edges, etc).
- Screwless fullrange driver mount, no visible screws on upper tube (screws crossed out red in picture)
- Capless lower tube mount
- Screwless upper tube support
- 2 speakON® 4-way plugs “1-click”
- 2 Upper Tuber predrilled, raw white, import, precision cut
- 2 Lower Tube raw white import, precision cut
- Screw Set upper tube
- 10 Rubber Feet
- 2 speakON® holder CNCed HDF with black Screws
- Screw Set lower tube&base
- 2 new fullrange screwless mounting rings,
- 2 Rubber Coupler import
- 5 m cable 2x 1,5mm²
- 2 Pack Damp. Wool Monacor MDM2
- 2 Strips MDM2 Damp Wool for Upper Tubes
- linkwitz plans/license
- black lacquered tubes
- 2x2,5m SpeakON cables
Kit does not contain: Glue, paint, tools,
The required amplifier&electronics are availble in one integrated, slim case: Your music source (e.g. CD-player, turntable, network-player, computer) feeds a PowerBox 4180 or PowerBox6 pro NCore via analog or digital interconnect....all signal processing and amplification will be inside the PowerBox....Easily connect your LXmini speakers by 1-click speakON® fitted cables.
add subwoofers SUB2 and enjoy LXmini+2
add subwoofers SUB4 and enjoy LXstudio